-(LEFT) I'm # 6!Hello from snow covered Boise.
The snow doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. Although it is very pretty on the foothills, it is quite a pain to drive in…especially at the 5 o’clock hour. We have around 8 inches give or a take a little because of the snow drifts. It’s also been quit windy in the valley.
Patrick headed to Tekoa last night to visit his family and is enjoying all the snow over the Palouse. They haven’t seen so much snow in the Spokane/ Tekoa area in years. I’m sure we will have pictures to post later…if not look at Shana’s blog.
I’m heading to D.C Saturday morning and will be returning Monday night. This is my first “professional” trip and I’m really looking forward to it. The United States Green Building Council is putting me up in a very nice hotel (http://www.hotelpalomar-dc.com/) right next to the DuPont Circle, so I should be within walking distance of many different things. I’m meeting with 7 other National Committee Emerging Green Builders Members (http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=116) so we can plan out the year and come up with new strategies regarding green building among discussing other things. I’ve very excited to represent the west region of this country for all young professionals who believe in building “green”. I will have some time to sightsee much not much. Any suggestions anybody? I’m also planning on seeing a friend from Gig Harbor whom I haven’t seen in a couple years who lives in D.C and works as an Interior Designer, that will be great.
I really encourage everybody to take a look at the USGBC website and see what it’s all about if you haven’t already. This new position is a big deal for me and will open a lot of doors in the future. Wish me luck and for me not to get mugged!.
No comments:
Post a Comment